Pet Dental Health Month 2024
Looking after your pet’s teeth is an important part of preventive health care. This February is pet dental health month so here are our top tips for keeping those teeth healthy and our february special offer highlights…
Brush your pet’s teeth
- Pet owners should always seek advice from a vet to ensure that brushing is effective. However this depends on motivation, a certain degree of technical skill by the owner, and of course, a willing pet!
How to brush pet’s teeth
- You will need a (soft) toothbrush and a tooth paste formulated for pets. You must use a pet tooth paste as the human tooth pastes have a high fluoride content which can be toxic to cats and dogs. Again owners should seek their vet’s advice.
A balanced diet
- Supporting the mouth’s own self-cleaning system by feeding a balanced diet which includes some biscuits and chews. As well as the above methods of removing plaque, there are a number of excellent dental chews and specially formulated diets which can provide significant improvements to your pet’s oral health.
- Regular veterinary check ups should include an examination of your pet’s mouth. Finally, many pets require periodic professional scaling by a vet in addition to on-going plaque control.
There are a number of dental chews for dogs and cats on the market which reduce tartar build up and help keep your pet’s mouth fresh.
Whiskas Dentabites are accepted by the Veterinary Oral Health Council to help control tartar. This February, buy 5 and get 2 free at Copdock Mill Wholesale.
- Scientifically proven to reduce the build-up of tartar
- Made with no added artificial colours or flavourings.
- Prepared with tasty chicken, so that your cat will love these dental treats
- Added vitamins and minerals including Omega blend
- Less than 2kcal per treat
Whimzees Toothbrushes are edible, vegetarian, gluten-free dental treats. A healthy option for dogs with gluten intolerance or food sensitivities. 15% Off the Whimzees range at Copdock Mill Wholesale this month.
- Knobby shape ensures proper blood flow through the gums and prevents bad breath and tartar buildup.
- Hollow shapes and spaces allow the teeth to easily grip and chew, with grooves that get in between the smaller spaces.
- Low fat and rich in vitamins and antioxidants, plus fibre to promote regularity and aid in good digestive health.
- Produced sustainably with no artificial ingredients, colours, flavours or preservatives or GMOs, gluten or meat.
Purina Dentalife dental chews are scientifically proven to help scrub even those hard-to-reach back teeth, that are the most vulnerable to plaque and tartar build up. This pet dental health month, small and medium Dentalife sticks are 35% off at Copdock Mill Wholesale.
- Chewy porous texture with wholesome ingredients.
- Cleans even the hard to reach teeth.
- Scientifically proven to help reduce tartar build-up.
- Natural cleaning action.
Did you know you can now place your trade order online? Contact your Copdock Mill Sales representative today for more information. Our full trade price list and February special offer sheet can be found here.