At H.G. Gladwell & Sons Ltd, we attach great importance to your privacy and we will therefore treat personal data confidentiality and carefully. Personal data is processed in accordance with the legal provisions such as the Data Protection Act and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR).
Kris Bruin is the Data Protection Officer and can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICABILITY OF PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement provides information about the processing of data by or on behalf of H.G. Gladwell & Sons Ltd and only applies to the use of its retail customers’ personal data and visitors to our websites.
We also provide services to wholesale/trade customers and engage with supplies, contractors and other third parties. GDPR applies to unique/identifiable personal information, not business information. If you interact with us/present to us as a business, we will treat the information you provide us with as business information; this applies to all wholesale/trade customers, supplies, contractors and any other third parties that trade with or provide services to us.
TYPES OF DATA GATHERED & PROCESSED
We may gather and process data about you because you use our services, provide us with services or because you provide it to H.G Gladwell & Sons Ltd yourself when you fill in a contact form on the website. For example:
- Contact and account details, including name, address, telephone number, email address, social media account(s) and any other details that you provide.
- We do not save customer payment and invoice details if you make an online payment via a third party. If you provide this information yourself to us in another way, for example, in writing or by email, it could be that it is stored.
- Website details – such as IP address, traffic and location data and information about the use of our website, web shop, customer card and digital newsletters.
WHY & HOW WE GATHER DATA
We need to gather and use information or ‘data’ about you as part of our business and to manage our relationship with you. Your details will collected in order to facilitate the fulfilment of a contract/agreed services. This is on a lawful basis for processing including legitimate interest. More specifically, we ask you to share your data with us for the following purposes:
- For the benefit of entering into, maintaining and improving the contractual relationship with its (potential) customers, or for improving the services and products.
- For the application and implementation of legal obligations.
- To make analyses regarding purchasing and visiting behaviour on the website, web shop and our physical shop(s) and comparing this with other (similar) shops with which we have active or passive cooperation.
- To provide your personal promotions, offers, tips and information by email and/or post.
- To provide purchase related information such as user guides, usage tips, information, warranty certificates, purchase receipts and related products.
We could receive information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you: for example, by entering into an agreement with us, if you contact us by email, telephone or in writing, you place an order in our online store, register for activities, use the customer card or subscribe to our newsletter.
H.G Gladwell & Sons Ltd may send newsletters by email. If you no longer wish to receive a newsletter, you can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter. Personal data is not used for purposes other than those described above.
- the IP address of the visitor;
- the date and time of the visit;
- the URL of the referring site (the site from which the visitor originates);
the pages visited on our website;
- information about the browser used (type and version, operating system, etc.).
We use technical information and cookies to facilitate your visit on the website and to optimise the performance and user experience of the website. Cookies can be placed both by H.G Gladwell & Sons Ltd itself and by other parties with whom H.G Gladwell & Sons Ltd cooperates. Below is an overview of the types of cookies that are placed through the H.G Gladwell & Sons Ltd website:
- Functional cookies are necessary for the website to function properly and to provide a requested service. These cookies are used to save certain user and preferred settings, to save any log in data and to optimise the user-friendliness of the website.
- Analytical cookies, such as the Google Analytics cookies, which collect information about the use of the website. These capture, among other things, the number of website visitors, the visited pages and the duration of their stay. The collected data is used to improve the service and optimise the content of the website to the wishes and needs of the users. H.G Gladwell & Sons Ltd has concluded a processor agreement with Google for the use of Google Analytics. This agreement ensures that the Google Analytics cookies have been set in the most privacy friendly way. H.G Gladwell & Sons Ltd has not given Google permission to use information obtained through H.G Gladwell & Sons Ltd for other Google services.
- Tracking or advertising cookies are cookies that collect data about the (internet) behaviour of the website user. These tracking cookies are used to enable the user to make optimal use of our website. For example, these cookies are used to record information about the visit so that relevant information can be used for the convenience of the user on a subsequent visit, for example by filling in forms or offering ads that match the (search) profile of the user.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services on our and other websites may not function properly if cookies are disabled in your browser.
DATA STORAGE & RETENTION
Your data (if applicable and GDPR compliant) will remain on our relevant marketing list until such time a request is made for them to be removed. Information beyond contact details will only be held for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out services and administer your relationship with us. Typically, this will be 6 years since your last interaction with us unless we are required to hold it longer for legal or taxation reasons. We take the protection of personal data very seriously and takes appropriate physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification.
SHARING AND TRANSFERRING DATA
We do not share your details with any other companies unless it is serving your interests and/or you have given explicit permission for us to do so. Please note, we may be required to provide your details due to a statutory obligation on H.G Gladwell & Sons Ltd and/or following requests from authorities such as HMRC. We have taken the necessary organisational and contractual measures to ensure that data is processed and protected in line with European legislation.
When we communicate with you regarding an order or send your details to suppliers it will be done so to fulfil the order contract in question. When we send you marketing material it is done so assuming that you have a legitimate interest in our products and would like to hear about our services and latest product news. If this is not the case, please inform us immediately.
You must ensure that H.G Gladwell & Sons Ltd has the correct personal data. You have the right to object to how we process your data. You also have the right to access, correct, sometimes delete and restrict the data we use. In addition you have the right to complain to us (please contact our Data Protection Officer) and the data protection regulator (visit www.ico.org.uk/global/contact-us).