National Pet Month – Top 10 Pet Ownership Tips
April is National Pet Month!
1. firstly Think carefully before getting a pet and learn about its special requirements. which pet is right for your lifestyle and home?
2. Ensure your pet is sociable and well trained.
3. make sure to Provide a nutritious and well balanced diet.
4. always Provide suitable housing and bedding for pets.
5. Clean up after your pet and worm it regularly.
6. Protect your pets against disease. Your vet can provide you with advice.
7. Prevent unwanted litters and neuter your pet when appropriate.
8. Groom your pet regularly whether this is at home or professionally done.
9. Control your pet outside of your home and ensure it is properly identified.
10. lastly Take out pet insurance for dogs, cats, rabbits and horses to cover against unexpected veterinary fees and third party liability
“National Pet Month (NPM) celebrates and raises awareness of responsible pet ownership through our educational campaigns and resources across our various platforms. NPM celebrates pet ownership, sharing the many benefits of our cherished companions across the UK.” – NPM