Last week saw the UK Government upgrade their response to Coronavirus to the ‘delay’ phase. This stage brings with it new steps that seek to increase the time until the country reaches the viruses peak. I would like to let you know what we are doing as a company to maintain our service level to you.
H.G. Gladwell & Sons Ltd will be following the advice issued by the UK Government and its Health Advisors for all employees. This currently states:
1. That the most common symptoms of coronavirus are:
- A new and continuous cough.
- A high temperature.
2. If an individual shows symptoms of the coronavirus infection, however mild, they should stay at home and self-isolate for 7 days from the start of your symptoms.
To combat the spread of the disease and the need for self-isolation, H.G. Gladwell & Sons Ltd is working with all employees to ensure all sensible steps are taken to reduce the chances of infection. These include:
- Awareness of recent travel movements.
- Regular and proper handwashing.
- Access to appropriate alcohol hand gels.
- Limiting touches to the face.
- An awareness of their proximity to others.
- No handshake policy for meetings
- The disinfection of highly used surfaces.
In addition to these steps we continue to closely monitor all guidance issued and adapt these measures where necessary.
Although we currently do not have any employees self-isolating, there is the possibility of this in the coming weeks. H.G. Gladwell & Sons Ltd will be doing everything within our power to maintain our service and minimise the disruption.
It is important, however, to realise that this pandemic is likely to affect all of us personally and professionally. It would, therefore, be irresponsible to suggest that there will not be challenges ahead that will affect our ability to deliver your order in line with your wishes. What I can assure you is that everyone here will be doing everything in their power to reduce the impact of this illness. We will continue to update you if the advice we receive changes and has an impact.
In the meantime, if you have any further concerns or queries please do not hesitate to contact us or keep an eye out for updates on our website.